Marmarak

Life in Toronto

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Updates

I haven’t written anything for a while. I was busy with lots of stuff. Important things happened from the last time I wrote something here. Toronto FC played its first game in MLS and lost to Chivas. They played pretty good and I think they have a good season ahead of them. Our goal keeper is pretty good and there is a handsome midfielder in the team. I ran the Harry Rosen Sprint Run off 8k and did very poorly for the fact that I sprained my ankle in 2nd kilometer and I haven’t been training for the past couple of weeks. I should get back to training if I want to qualify for the Boston Marathon. The boring stuff from work is gone and I’m back to stuff I love to do and it’s getting more challenging. I’m going to learn sql and access this month (pretty exciting).
Went to see my old friend from grade 6 last night. She has an 8 year old and a new born. She is so smart and I remember she was always first in our class. I was thinking of it on the way to her house that it’s too bad that she can’t use all of that education because she is basically trapped in the house taking care of the kids but when I saw here I realize that she really enjoys this and loves staying with her children. I guess I wouldn’t know until I have my own which might never happen. Her place is at Davisville village, where I used to live when I first move to Toronto. It was an interesting feeling when I was walking on Davisville. Since I moved to downtown on 2003 I rarely go there. I remembered all those days of being a new comer and having no furniture and job. I remembered nice summer days of walking on Davisville and at night with sprinklers.
I wrote the above last week and didn’t have time to finish it. Toronto FC lost again to New England revolution 4-0. But I have faith in them I think they can be better than this.
I got my season tickets in the mail and it came with an scarf which is the ticket to the home opener game.
Yesterday I went to my personal training session and I gain 3 pounds. Unbelievable! Well I know I’ve been eating out for the past four weeks and I just started training again.
So I’m going to be Bridget Jones for a little while until I bring my weight down to 110LB.
So I’ll start from Yesterday.

Wednesday April 19, 2007.
Weight: 114.5
Running Distance: 6.5K
Time: 31:40
Food I shouldn’t have eaten: 4 square of Ritter Sport Chocolate (delicious like heaven)

Oh I have this cool ipod attachment that tells me how many kilometers I ran and keeps track of the time and tell me how many kilometers I have left when I’m running. After the run if I ran faster or longer than before, Lance Armstrong comes on and congratulates me on my accomplishment!
I made lasagna last night and I know what’s going to be on the list of food I shouldn’t have eaten for today. Lately I enjoy cooking and baking more that I did before however I still believe in the sign on my fridge that says “I kiss better than I cook”

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home